Saturday 7 September 2013

Cover letters

It's a tricky part of any book submission.  You've written your novel and now you have to sell it, and yourself.

It's also the part I think most writers hate, especially first time novelists.  This could be the reason why most of the stories I have written remain stuck in a forgotten folder on my desktop. I'm always worried that story I completely believe in, will fall because I can't sum it up in a punchy and enticing manner. Or that I won't seem exciting enough for a publisher to promote me. A strange thing for someone who writes a lot to fear, but I find I mostly write on emotion and senses so when that has to be stripped out to give an account of myself, or of my story, I panic.

I found an excellent source of help for my cover letter problems, which I thought may be a useful place for others to visit.

http://iainbroome.com/the-key-to-selling-your-book-is-the-cover-letter

Even if you're not petrified of trying to write about yourself, or your work this may be an interesting read nonetheless!

Have fun, 

Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment